FREE EVENT With AFLW Star Katie Brennan
Time: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm AEDT
Location: Upwell Health Collective – 436 Burke Rd, Camberwell.
Join the Captain of the AFLW Premiership-winning Western Bulldogs AFLW team Katie Brennan and Melbourne’s leading musculoskeletal health and wellness centre Upwell Health Collective, for a FREE interactive workshop focused on preventing and managing injury in women’s footy.
Katie will share her own personal experience managing injuries throughout her career and the importance of prehab and strength and conditioning in preventing injury both in training and game settings.
Upwell Physiotherapist Ashleigh Mason and Podiatrist and Running Coach Pat O’Connell, will unpack the most common injuries in the game, based on their experience treating a number of players, and explain how to best manage them to ensure a quick and safe recovery.
At this workshop you will learn:
- Some of the most common injuries in women’s footy and why
- Tips for recovering from injury quickly and safely
- Simple guidelines for general injury prevention
- Why prehab, mobility and strength and conditioning is the key to injury prevention
- How to run safely and efficiently
On top of the amazing education and insights you will receive from Katie Brennan and Upwell, each guest will also enjoy on the night:
- Burgers and drinks from the delicious Mr Burger Food Trucks and Acai samplings from Acai Brothers Camberwell
- The chance to win a LUCKY DOOR PRIZE of an Upwell Injury Screening Pack valued at $300
- Exclusive Upwell offers
- A FREE goodie bag packed with discounts and giveaways to take home from event collaborators including: Earthlette, 2XU, Elevation Floatation, Acai Bros Camberwell, The Health Enthusiast Co., Made Group and Source Bulk Goods.
6.30pm-7.00pm: Enjoy a free burger and soft drink from Mr Burger Food Trucks
7.00pm: Workshop commences
8.15pm: Meet and greet with Katie Brennan
8.30pm: Workshop concludes
**Please note this event is for Women Footy Players within the City of Boroondara, including Camberwell, Hawthorn, Kew, Malvern, Glen Iris, Balwyn, Canterbury, Ashburton, Armidale and Toorak.